Barrister-at-Law, Founder and Senior Managing Director
Antonis Andreou is the founder of the firm which was initially registered in 1974 as a partnership under the name of Nicolaou, Andreou & Co.
Mr. Andreou has been a member of the Cyprus Bar Association since 1973. Being an active member of the Cyprus Bar Council since 1994, he was also appointed as the President of the Committee responsible for the recognition by the Cyprus Bar Council of law degrees.
He is the Legal Adviser of various major corporations in the area of construction, land development, manufacturing, energy, oil companies. For the last four years he is acting as a Legal Adviser for a world known reputable Accounting firm on the three most important Receiverships in Cyprus the property of which is worth more than €500 Million.
As an elected member of the House of Representatives for the period 1985 -1991 and acting as Vice – President of the Committee of Legal Affairs of the House, he was involved in the drafting and enactment of a number of legislations. Amongst others, Mr. Andreou was actively involved in the amendment of the Cyprus Constitution, as a consequence of which was the creation of Family Courts and the Cyprus Family Law in general.
Furthermore, in 1994 he was appointed by the Council of Ministers as a member of an ad hoc Committee to investigate complaints against the police for ill treatment of detainees.
His success in landmark road traffic accident cases, land dispute cases, criminal law, corporate law and extradition cases, is one of the main reasons of his recognition as one of the leading advocates in Cyprus. It is often that Mr. Andreou acts as leading counsel of legal teams representing major Cyprus and foreign corporations.
Mr. Antonis Andreou has qualified as a Barrister–at–Law at the Lincoln’s Inn School of Law and he was called to the Bar in 1970.
- He is considered to be an expert in company restructuring, in Receiverships/Liquidations, Company and Commercial Law in general and he is acting as a Legal Adviser for a world known reputable Accounting firm on the three most important Receiverships in Cyprus the property of which is worth more than €500 Million.
- Mr Antonis Andreou as the ex-vice-president of the Legal Affairs Committee of the House of Representatives introduced with three other MPS the amendment of the Constitution of the Republic of Cyprus which resulted in the establishment of the family Law and the Family Courts in Cyprus.
- He also introduced an amendment in the Cyprus Criminal Procedure for the admission of agreed facts in criminal cases.
- He furthermore introduced the amendment of Sec. 210 of the Criminal Code (causing death by want of precaution) which as it was drafted caused considerable confusion regarding the degree of the negligence necessary to lead to conviction.
- He also has acted as a leading member of the House of Representatives in the introduction of the new Civil Service Law of the Republic.
Contact Antonis Andreou at: email@example.com